Alto Golf Pestana
Designed by the legendary architect Sir Henry Cotton, Alto Golf Pestana is a challenging course for all levels handicap . Located west of Portimao, close to Alvor, the field extends over two valleys and offers considerable test the capacities of all golfers with its bunkers strategic doglegs well placed trees and greens high. The delightful Serra de Monchique offers a breathtaking scenery, while the pine, carob, almond, fig and olive trees line the fairways . The most famous hole is the 16th, a Par 5 of 600 meters known as "The Giant" or "Sir Henry's Challenge".
RULES & ETIQUETTE
The rules of the royal and ancient golf club of St. Andrews as endorsed by the portuguese golf federation apply.
- Out of Bounds - White stakes and/or lines/boundary walls.
- Water Hazards - Yellow stakes and/or lines.
- Lateral Water Hazards - Red stakes and/or lines.
- Ground Under Repair - Blue stakes and/or lines.
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions(Rule Nº 24-1)
- Immovable Obstructions - Sprinklerheads, control boxes, drainage grills, manhole covers, wells, permanent buildings, bridges, footpaths, buggy paths, rocks along buggy paths and service roads (rule nº 24-2)
- Protection of Young Trees - If a wire enclosed, staked, or tagged tree interferes with a player's stance or area of swing, theball shall be lifted and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b (i)
- Immovable Obstruction. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
HANDICAP LIMITS – Men 27 / Ladies 35
- The player shall report to the starter not less than 5 minutes before his/her starting time.
- The player who fails to do so loses his/her starting time.
- No player shall play without permission from the starter.
- It is the duty of every group of players to let faster players through.
- The player shall follow the instructions of the course marshals.
- An 18 hole round shall not last longer than 4 hours 30 minutes.
- The player shall replace divots and shall repair pitch marks at all times.
- During peak golfing times, the form of play will be four ball.
- Management reserves the right to combine players to satisfy this requirement.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave our premises if your behavior is not in accordance with the club's rules.
- No refund will be issued in the event of the rules not being adhered to.
- The player should wear proper golf shoes.
- The player must not wear casual shorts, jeans, sleeveless shirts or track suits.
- When hiring a buggy the player will be responsible in accordance with the buggy-rental agreement.
- 90º Rule apply at all times.