Vale da Pinta Pestana Golf
One of the best designed courses in Europe, Vale da Pinta Pestana Golf is situated a short drive east of Portimão in the sunny Algarve. Both novice and experienced golfers will enjoy a memorable game on this challenging championship course, featuring strategically placed sand bunkers, wide greens and ornamental lakes are surrounded by carob, fig trees and olive trees (including one olive tree over 200 years old!).
For several consecutive years, Vale da Pinta Pestana Golf is rightly respected not just for its playability and challenging layout but for outstanding levels of beauty and enjoyment. Designed by the famous American golf course architect Ronald Fream and inaugurated in 1992 Vale de Pinta has earned its place as one of the best designed courses in the Algarve and in Europe.
The rules of the royal and ancient golf club of St. Andrews as endorsed by the portuguese golf federation apply.
- Out of Bounds - White stakes and/or lines/boundary walls.
- Water Hazards - Yellow stakes and/or lines.Lateral
- Water Hazards - Red stakes and/or lines.
- Ground Under Repair - Blue stakes and/or lines.
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions(Rule Nº 24-1)
- Immovable Obstructions - Sprinklerheads, control boxes, drainage grills, manhole covers, wells, permanent buildings, bridges, footpaths, buggy paths, rocks along buggy paths and service roads (rule nº 24-2)
- Protection of Young Trees - If a wire enclosed, staked, or tagged tree interferes with a player's stance or area of swing, theball shall be lifted and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b (i) Immovable Obstruction. The ball may be cleaned when lifted.
HANDICAP LIMITS – Men 27 / Ladies 35
- The player shall report to the starter not less than 5 minutes before his/her starting time.
- The player who fails to do so loses his/her starting time.
- No player shall play without permission from the starter.
- It is the duty of every group of players to let faster players through.
- The player shall follow the instructions of the course marshals.
- An 18 hole round shall not last longer than 4 hours 30 minutes.
- The player shall replace divots and shall repair pitch marks at all times.
- During peak golfing times, the form of play will be for balls.
- Management reserves the right to combine players to satisfy this requirement.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave our premises if your behavior is not in accordance with the club's rules.
- No refund will be issued in the event of the rules not being adhered to.
- The player should wear proper golf shoes.
- The player must not wear casual shorts, jeans, sleeveless shirts or track suits.
- When hiring a buggy the player will be responsible in accordance with the buggy-rental agreement.
- 90º Rule apply at all times.
Facilities: Driving range, putting green, chipping area, bunker practice, video room, pro shop, restaurant and bar. Private lessons, beginner’s classes, club hire, buggies and trolleys available.